Becoming a member of the NW Craven Branch RSCDS
Work of the RSCDS
As a regular dancer at NW Craven Branch classes we would like to encourage you to join the RSCDS, the worldwide organisation which promotes Scottish country dancing. The RSCDS runs popular residential Summer and Winter Schools each year and produces dance books and accompanying CDs. It also sets the standards for dancing, and trains teachers to run classes.
The greater part of your membership subscription goes to support the work of the RSCDS, while a smaller part is retained by the branch to support classes and local events.
Cost of annual membership for 2020-21 is £22.00 per person and £37 for a 'couple'.
Early payment discount of £2 for payment received before 31 Dec 2020, making the discounted fees £20 individual and £35 joint.
There is also a special offer of half-price membership for people who are joining RSCDS for the first time; effective from 1st January until the end of June each year.
The annual membership year runs from July to end June.
The membership renewal form has been sent out with the email branch newsletter. Payment can be by BACS or cheque. Please email our Treasurer for further information email@example.com
- All members receive a twice-yearly members' magazine, Scottish Country Dancer, packed with information and interesting articles, delivered to your door.
- Regular e-Newsletters from RSCDS
- Discounted entrance fees to classes, dances and workshops in our Branch and many other Branches throughout the world. (nb: not all Branches offer discount)
- Discounted fees when attending RSCDS Summer at St Andrews and Winter School at Pitlochry
- 10% discount on most recordings, publications and other items available through the RSCDS shop.
- Access to the members' area on the RSCDS website
- The opportunity to reach the worldwide family of Scottish country dancers
- Keep up-to-date with Branch News through a dedicated e-mail network.
- Through your Branch; a voice in the running of the Society.
- The knowledge that you are supporting a charity working to ensure the continuing traditions of Scottish Country Dance worldwide
For an application form please click here.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We normally hold our AGM in July, followed by an afternoon dance.
Due to coronavirus we have postponed our 2020 AGM. We will contact branch members with details.